EnergyUnion Privacy Notice
The Energy Union Scheme is a joint collaboration between Energy Hub and 9 participating credit unions.
The purpose of the Scheme is to promote home energy upgrades in Ireland in conjunction with credit union finance. The Scheme will offer a credit union member the opportunity to avail of a special loan interest rate when opting for this loan product.
When the finances are made available to the member, Energy Union contractors will carry out retrofitting on the member’s home, which will improve the BER Rating of their home, and which will enable the member to avail of energy credits and grant from the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI).
The Associated Entities (i.e. the 9 participating Credit Unions, Energy Hub, Envirobead and associated Contractors and BER Assessors) are committed to respecting the rights of those people whose data is processed under this Scheme. This Privacy Notice demonstrates transparency in what personal data we use, how, why and for how long we use it.
Whose Personal Data do we Process?
The scope of this Privacy Notice is where the Associated Entities act as joint data controllers, processing personal data of members of affiliated credit unions in order to provide relevant services to those members under the Scheme. The Data Register in the Appendix provides details of the processing of such data.
Participating Credit Unions – how do credit unions process data?
The credit unions participating under this Scheme will process your data when you make an enquiry via the Energy Union website in order to establish your membership of a credit union.
Energy Hub will process your data when you make an enquiry on the Energy Union website. The data processed will be limited to your name, address and contact details, as well as basic information relating to your home. Energy Hub will follow up the initial enquiry with a telephone consultation.
Following telephone conversation, Energy Hub will process your data and forward to the relevant third party, either a BER Assessor for a home survey or one of our Energy Union Contractors for a quotation for works. The data processed will be limited to your name, address, contact details and basic information relating to your home.
Envirobead/Retrofit Energy Ireland Ltd (REIL) will process grant applications and provide energy credits under this Scheme. In order to do this, they need to process the contact details of the member and details relating to the house. The improvement in the energy rating of your home will allow REIL to attribute the relevant energy credits to your home.
The SEAI will need to process your data in order to provide you with a grant towards your retrofitting works.
When making an enquiry on www.Energy Union.ie, you are giving Energy Hub your consent to contact you regarding your enquiry.
If at any time you decide not to continue the journey with either the Credit Union or Energy Hub, and wish to remove your consent to the processing of your data, you can contact the Credit Union or Energy Hub using the details provided to you by email.
Once you enter into a contract with the credit union for finance, or with a BER Assessor or Contractor the legal basis for processing your data will be in accordance with contractual obligations.
Where an enquiry is made on energyunion.ie, an email is sent to the credit union and to Energy Hub. If you decide not to continue the journey with Energy Hub, your enquiry will be deleted after 3 months.
Where you decide to continue the journey with the credit union or with Energy Hub, and enter a contract in relation to the relevant services, your details will be retained for no longer than 7 years.
Withdrawal of consent
If you wish to withdraw your consent to your personal data being processed by any of the associated entities, you can do so on the follow-up phone call with Energy Hub subsequent to having submitted your enquiry, or at any time thereafter by contacting Energy Hub directly.
To whom do we share your data?
Energy Hub will share limited information with Energy Union BER Assessors and Energy Union Contractors, in order for you to receive the relevant service.
In turn the Contractor will share limited information with Envirobead/REIL in order for you to receive energy credits, and with SEAI, in order for you to receive the relevant grant.
The participating credit union will never share information with the Associated Entities regarding your finances.
Consequences of a failure to provide information
If you fail to provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have entered into with you or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations.
- To find out whether we hold any of your personal data and if we do to request access to that data and to be furnished a copy of the data. You are also entitled to further information about the processing.
- Correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data about you rectified.
- Erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances. You can ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where a legitimate interest is relied on. You also have the right to object to processing for direct marketing purposes, including profiling for direct marketing.
- Restriction of processing of your personal data. You can ask us to suspend processing of personal data about you, in certain circumstances for example if you want to challenge the legality of processing.
- Where we are processing your data based solely on your consent you have a right to withdraw that consent at any time and free of charge.
- Portability; you can request a copy of your personal data that you have provided to us to be sent to you (or another where technically feasible) in an electronic, reusable format;
- You also have a right to complain to the Regulator about any of our processing.
ROI: Data Protection Commission
Web Contact: https://dataprotection.ie/en/contact/how-contact-us
Postal Address: Data Protection Commission, 21 Fitzwilliam Square South, Dublin 2, D02 RD28, Ireland
Point of contact for your queries
For any energy or building works queries regarding your privacy rights, please contact the relevant Associated Entity. Contact details for the Associated Entities are below:
|Envirobead / REIL||https://www.reil.ie|
For any finance queries regarding your privacy rights, please contact your local participating EnergyUnion credit union.
Appendix – Register of Data Processing and Data Sharing
|Data Fields||Example Data||CU||Energy Hub||Energy Union BER Assessor||Energy Union Contractor||SEAI||REIL|
|First Name & Surname||John Smith||Y||Y||y||y||Y||Y|
|Address Fields incl. Eircode||The Yellow Cottage, Main Road, Cork
|Are you Homeowner||Yes/No||N||Y||N||Y||Y||Y|
|Previous SEAI Grant?||Yes/No||N||Y||N||Y||Y||Y|
|House Build before 2006?||Yes / No||N||Y||N||y||Y||Y|
|Type of Property||Detached||N||Y||Y||y||Y||Y|
|Credit Union Member Number||123123||Y||Y||N||N||N||N|